Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer, Certification Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
To ensure all plant and equipment on the designated platform is inspected and certified in accordance with approved plans. Control and co-ordinate all inspection activities in accordance with the Company & the client’s codes of practice, procedures, strategies and offshore legislation where applicable. Provide regular feedback to the client and Company’s Senior Inspection Engineer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure Regulatory and client standard compliance
- Responsible for ensuring all work is complaint with relevant client engineering and safety standards and practicesand review any revisions and feedback from client Integrity Focal Point
- Participate in all strategy reviews to assist in the development of inspection programmes and where necessary develop detailed plans, programmes and workscopes
- Undertake all agreed offshore inspections, ensuring they are implemented and completed as scheduled either directly or arrange and supervise Oceaneering employed contractors on a continual basis at offshore arrival, daily briefings and de-mobilisation. Ensuring the contractor understands the workscope, the associated risks and that the work is completed and reported as specified in the workscopes
- Issue formal inspection reports for plant and equipment as well as those by Oceaneering employed contractors, including condition and observations plus supporting information and NDT reports
- Apply judgment and experience in the assessment of defects found, recommend future service life for approval or further assessment by the Senior Inspection Engineer
- Issue repair orders for defective plant and equipment where appropriate
- Functionally report to the Offshore Installation Manager for the provision and co-ordination of all Inspection Services. Maintain close liaison with the platform personnel and any authorities (when on the platform) to ensure activities such as equipment scheduling, planning, availability etc. are implemented to the highest standard and minimum disruption
- Support the Team Leader/Project Manager and the Corrosion Engineers through the Senior Inspection Engineer in all inspection or non-inspection related activities
General The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post Assist with any other duties as and when required Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Safety Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment Promote a strong HSE culture at all times Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
Other Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
UKAS Category 2 compatible (E) Both appropriate HNC/HND qualification and Incorporated Engineer accreditation by the Engineering Council or equivalent (P) Degree in an Engineering related discipline (P) Chartered Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent (P) CSWIP Plant Inspector Level 2 or equivalent (P) API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector and API 570 Piping Inspection (P) Offshore medical and survival certification (E) NDT certification for core techniques (P)
EXPERIENCE Minimum 5 years in the field of plant and equipment inspection (E) Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of design, manufacture, materials, corrosion, welding, codes, standards and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment (E) Witnessing of pressure testing and testing of relief valves (E) Must be familiar with QA/QC systems and procedures, NDE techniques (E) Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving and a good communicator, both written and verbal (E)
SOFTWARE Microsoft Office (E) ACET or equivalent (E). If no previous experience, training must be completed in a timely manner
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company.
Job Title: Offshore Inspection Engineer (UKAS Cat 2)
Location: Luanda, Angola
Job ID: 11036
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.