Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom, IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chesterfield, MO, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Network Engineer (Level 3) will be responsible for managing all aspects of the I.T. function relating to Aegion's global network environment (LAN, WAN, wireless, firewall, VPN, QoS, web load balancer, proxy servers, subnets, DNS/DHCP, etc.).
This position is also responsible for providing guidance and/or leadership in the I.T infrastructure and operations environment.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with external partners on network optimization.
- Establishing networking environments by designing system configurations; directing/completing system installations; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Set the strategic direction for all network technology standards applicable to the environment and provide key leadership guidance on strategy and standards throughout the Infrastructure and Operations areas.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends information-security-related hardware and software, including developing business cases for security investments.
- Develop security processes, procedures, and systems to support service-level agreements (SLAs), ensuring security controls are properly managed and maintained.
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Assess existing technology and standards for fit within information systems and logical systems design, must be aligned to the overall strategic direction of Aegion Corporation's IT Strategy.
- Plans and manages the implementation and integration of new businesses, sites, and technologies.
- This is the highest level individual contributor for this role. Acts as a mentor to less senior team members.
- Manage small to mid-size infrastructure implementation projects applying Aegion's project management tools and processes.
- Manage network support supplier relationships to ensure service levels and pricing agreements are met.
- Provide appropriate status reporting to management and/or teams.
- Utilize Aegion's IT support team as needed to resolve customer issues. Provide level 2/3 support to customers using multiple methods including remote, telephone, and email support.
- Utilize Aegion's IT Helpdesk software to document and track customer requests or issues. Responsible for resolving all help desk requests in a timely manner, recording and reporting resolution within the ticketing system.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related area required.
- Cisco certification (CCNP) required. CCIE preferred.
- Checkpoint certification (CCSA/CCSE) required.
- Voice related CISCO Certifications preferred.
- Five plus years' experience in an enterprise networked computer environment, supporting LAN's/WAN's, switches, routers, wireless, firewalls, and troubleshooting TCP/IP issues.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Working knowledge of Windows 7/8/10 and MS Office 365.