Skills: Accounting, Bookkeeper, Business Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chesterfield, MO, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Aegion Corporation is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist.
Aegion Corporation and its family of companies shield and protect the world's infrastructure from degradation and corrosion with a variety of technologies. Aegion's businesses comprise sewer, drinking water and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and corrosion protection for and strengthening of bridges, tunnels, buildings, waterfront, metal and concrete structures. Our companies provide cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines and infrastructure. For more information, visit www.aegion.com .
- Prioritize invoices according to payment terms
- Input invoice details for accuracy
- Create and review weekly cash requirement reports
- Create payment groups and cut checks each week.
- Field communications from and maintain positive working relationships with vendors.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Process check requests as needed.
- Audit and process credit card bills as required.
- Handle ongoing projects, perform under pressure, and have a strong attention to detail while completing assigned work.
- Assist with other projects and duties as needed.
- 3- 5 years' experience in Accounts Payable required.
- Candidates with previous JD Edwards are preferred.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in Excel.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of applicable accounts payable systems and procedures
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately