Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Corrpro Companies, Inc. is looking for a Safety Manager.
Corrpro, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is among the world's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure. For more details, visit www.corrpro.com
- Responsible for developing, administering, and implementing company-wide occupational health and safety training programs, and serves as the coordinator for the occupational safety programs
- Responsible for all workshop creation and coordination, as well as the management of subject matter and course materials
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices and procedures. Provide advice and council concerning all local, provincial and federal regulations. Perform/coordinate annual COR audits as per Construction Safety Associations.
- Direct or assist in the development of specialized education and training programs. Conduct specialized safety training programs to communicate hazard control information. Assist in new employee occupational health, safety and environmental orientation. Chair monthly divisional health and safety conference calls and webinars.
- Interact with management, supervisors, employees, and customers in order to identify and correct unsafe conditions or work practices.
- Compile, analyze, interpret and report incident, loss and exposure statistical data; prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards. Review injury and property damage reports. Provide incident summaries and statistical reports to management.
- Recommend the purchase of safety equipment and supplies
- Ensure monthly compliance summaries are submitted by each division for review and provide feedback on any deficient items. Ensure complaint summaries are effectively tracked for trends analysis
- Assist in client Pre-Qualification Questionnaires for future or potential future projects
- Manage web based safety registries to ensure they are current and the information is accurate for clients review
- Communicate with clients and other organizations with health, safety, environmental related concerns and develop mitigation plans to eliminate potential risks
- Participate in activities of related professional organizations to update knowledge of safety program developments
- Coordinate outfitting new vehicles and the disposal of old vehicles
- Ensure applicable registrations and insurance requirement are met and updated on a regular bases
- Administer and provide training and feedback on the Behaviour observation program, review and tracked BBO cards that are completed and submitted
- Administer the Safety Incentive program, track points for employees on a monthly basis and submit to the incentive provider
- Track and order gas monitors and related equipment, as well as ensure repairs on monitors are done in an effective and cost efficient manner
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant field
- NCSO designation preferred
- OH&S experience is required
- 5 years of experience as a Safety Manager
- Experience in research, analysis, interpretation and implementation of safety regulations, standards, and best practices
- Understand and have complete knowledge of all Federal and State rules and regulations pertaining to safety codes and Occupational Health and Safety rules
- Direct experience assessing training needs, creating training materials, and delivering the training
- Experience creating high quality presentations using a variety of technologies (e.g. WebEx, MS PowerPoint, LCD projectors, etc.)
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate with individuals
- Motivated, energetic, goal-oriented, and positive outlook critical, as well as strong sense of professionalism and diplomacy
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Strong problem-solving, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and other stakeholders
- Extensive computer experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to travel to sites as needed (30% of the time)
- Available to be on-call after normal working hours
Our Company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Annual Bonus Potential, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.