Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Civil Engineering, Project Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Fibrwrap Construction Services, Inc. is looking for an experienced Assistant Project Manager (APM).
Fibrwrap Construction is a full service structural renovation company specializing in the design and application of advanced composite systems. Fibrwrap was founded in 1988 to assist in the development of Fyfe Company's Tyfo® Fibrwrap® system. Since then, we have performed structural upgrades on over 6,000 projects worldwide. For more information, visit www.fibrwrap.com or search Fibrwrap on www.youtube.com .
- Displays a commitment to Aegion® & Fibrwrap® core values and culture.
- Displays a commitment to continuous improvement and education by working towards a PMP designation.
- Will assist in effectively planning and controlling assigned projects by monitoring progress, managing procurement and recording production and job costs.
- Will assist with the development of the project schedule, and budget to ensure project meets or exceeds initial estimates.
- Prepares weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Responsible for reviewing all associated contracts, specifications, drawings, scope of work, estimates, subcontractor requirements and other pertinent project information and prepare a project plan for review.
- Duties may include attending pre-construction, pre-bid meetings, and conducts site surveys.
- Ensures that customer acceptance of contract values, budget values, change values are in place to facilitate timely billing of all costs.
- Responsible for month-end financial reviews, including revenue recognition and job cost review, equipment cost review, project cost management, billing preparation, and operational expense review.
- Trouble shoots day to day project issues as directed by the Project Manager (PM).
- Responsible and accountable for the project management system and tools for all assigned projects from the time a project is acquired through the final payment of closed projects.
- Attends production meeting on PM's behalf (as required).
- Compiles data, manages, maintains, and approves project invoicing process on a timely basis.
- Compiles data and information for historical statistical databases (as required).
- Complete Project Closeout Report(s) to identify final changes in work scope, additional revenue opportunities, punch list items and any hindrances that may delay close out and final payment.
- Manage the invoice submittal and collection of payments from the customer in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Structural, Construction Management, Project Management or Civil Engineering is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years related construction management experience; CFRP installation experience a plus.
- Field management and construction experience required.
- Experienced and comfortable with Collections, Contract Administration, Budgets, Forecasting.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts; calculate business related metrics; solid knowledge of finances, profit and loss statements, and balance sheet calculations.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Very strong analytical, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external relationships.
- Regional travel of 50%+ is required.
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.