Skills: Financial Analyst
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: The Hague, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
25007BR Business Performance Reporting Advisor Netherlands The Hague Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
In it Together
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity and respect aren't simply a strap line, but are a part of everything we do. What's more, we're a company that places the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and on our inclusive approach.
We give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver and really excel. We love the fact that our development programmes are recognised as world leading and that our emphasis on personal development means you'll get constant support for your career with us.
Make an impact
We work at the forefront of energy innovation and we want you to help us work on exciting and ground breaking projects. Our future plans are all based on our aim to create a better world for future generations—so your ideas and imagination can help us make faster progress toward solving the energy challenge.
Getting you connected
We're really proud of our approach to the day to day work. Our supportive network will help you settle in, build real friendships and give you the opportunity to quickly lead and coordinate business and community activities.
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace at Shell. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell a flexible, an appealing, and as supportive a place for women to work as we can. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016 But it's so much more than lists and awards. We support all of our people by offering a range of initiatives to develop our diversity goals. Things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And how we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network. For more head over to www.shell.com
People with an impairment
At Shell we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
We also understand that you may be reluctant to disclose a health condition. You may have concerns about discrimination. Or perhaps you've heard from family or friends that you shouldn't tell an employer about a condition as it may prevent you from getting the job. That's not how it works at Shell. By letting us know about your circumstances we can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a long career with us. For more head over to www.shell.com
What's the role?
The Reporting Team is a small group of finance professionals (with three in The Hague, and six supporting from Krakow), who work in a lively and challenging environment. They report on a regular basis to the leadership of the Upstream and the overall Shell Group and they help to nurture a strong relationship with the Upstream business and the central Shell Group teams. Members of this team get a rare opportunity to learn a lot about the Upstream business working with the most senior leaders in the organisation. They're also encouraged to dive into the more specific and detailed things in the areas they look after. We're now looking for a Business Performance Reporting Advisor to join our team in The Hague.
What will you do?
The Reporting Team produce really high quality analysis and reporting on the Upstream financial position (and the underlying business drivers). You'll also get involved in accounting advice – which is led by Group Reporting – and you'll help to ensure that Shell Group policies are adhered to throughout the world. The team also look after the relationship with Upstream and the Group Investor Relations community. So you'll work in close cooperation with the Upstream Planning and Appraisal teams.Here's a list of the key things you'll do in this role:
- Monthly and quarterly financial and performance analysis for the Upstream Leadership Teams and Group Executive Committee / Investor Relations
- Central forecasting of Quarterly Latest Estimates for the Upstream operating units and regular updates on the expected performance of the Upstream business (both financial and operational)
- Supporting the Upstream Line of Business Finance teams and Operating units on accounting issues, and taking care of the implementation of new standards in conjunction with Group Reporting
- Help organise Upstream's contribution to the Group external reporting. This will include information for the Annual Report, SEC-20F, and the Quarterly Results Announcement and others
- Place the Upstream performance in context of the external world, competitor financial analysis
- Handle the relationship and the communication between Group Investor Relations and Upstream
- Coordinate financial input to Upstream Strategy Presentations to analysts
- Make sure that Upstream’s global financial reporting is accurate
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and coordination of data requests from Upstream’s Leadership
- Help to standardise and simplify the reporting processes – and help to implement the policies in Upstream
You'll have a background in financial control and accounting. It would also be helpful if you can demonstrate this experience in an Oil & Gas environment. You'll be a brilliant team worker, a natural problem solver, and a real analytical thinker. You'll have strong interpersonal skills, good planning and organisational skills, and have lots of strategic insight.
What we need from you
- MBA or Master degree in a finance related discipline or professional accountancy qualification
- High level of strategic insight
- Really good analytical and communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Able to use your time effectively to hit deadlines
- Brilliant leadership and team building qualities
This is a great opportunity for a top performer to expand their professional horizons in a great working environment. So, if it sounds like the challenge for you then please apply – we look forward to hearing from you.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video