Skills: Drilling Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: 22054, Kuwait
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities Operations
· Design drilling programs in accordance with industry recognised technical criteria and applicable drilling regulations, to achieve exploration objectives in a safe and cost effective manner.
· Prepare AFEs and monitor/coordinate cost control.
· Provide Drilling Superintendent and Materials/Logistics Coordinator with equipment lists for the program.
· Ensure procedures are technically valid and applicable to the specific well conditions.
· Ensure equipment and materials meet technical and quality control standards.
· Monitor and evaluate well conditions in conjunction with the Drilling Superintendent and Operations Geologist.
· Develop and maintain contingency plans for potential problems that could occur during the program. · Initiate other management systems or procedures as required during the program.
· Communicate with Service Contractors about technical issues and any changes in the drilling program. Reporting
· Ensure the quality and accuracy of all drilling reports before distribution.
· Provide stewardship reporting on potential improvements and methods for initiating change on future projects. HSE
· Assist the Drilling Superintendent to supervise the HSE system.
· Act as a member of the Emergency Response Group, supporting the Drilling Superintendent in the event of an emergency response situation.
· Observe all company health, safety and environmental instructions, act in a safe manner and avoid unnecessary risks to themselves and others.
· Immediately report any unsafe conditions or activities, dangerous occurrences or injuries in the workplace.
Qualifications and Experience Required
· Engineering or science degree from a recognised university.
· Minimum of 10 years oil and gas drilling experience.
· Minimum of 5 years offshore floating drilling engineering and supervision.
· Industry training in drilling technology and HSE.
· Current certification in well control and HUET.
· Demonstrated leadership and communication skills, technical maturity and flexibility to adjust to change.
· Experience in dealing with a number of different functional disciplines in a non-authority leadership role to achieve program objectives.
· Good data management and computer literacy