Skills: Drilling Foreman / Drilling Supervisor, Toolpusher, WellSite Supervisor
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: 25204, Kuwait
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Senior Drilling Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and implementation of the well programme, and to ensure that all well operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner, within the requirements of Company policy
1. To supervise contractors in the execution of all drilling and associated programmes, ensuring that all objectives are met in a safe and efficient manner and in keeping with all regulatory requirements.
2. To co-ordinate and provide the necessary leadership to carry out all activities with respect to the various offshore programmes. To co-ordinate the collection of all data to be transmitted back to the base office, and to ensure the correctness, content and quality of such data. To be the custodian and responsible person for the drilling reporting.
3. To liaise and report directly to the Offshore Installation Manager with a view to keeping him fully abreast of current drilling and associated activity and to make him aware of any condition which may require certain operating conditions or priority setting.
4. To continually monitor the effectiveness of the ongoing process and to report on same. To be able to suggest and discuss any changes which may be required to the programme with a view to improvement.
5. To supervise the maintenance work of drilling related equipment, in accordance with procedures, to ensure safe and efficient operation.
6. To take prompt action, in the event of an emergency within the drilling package, to safeguard life and minimise damage to properties and any detrimental effect on the environment.
7. To evaluate and report on the performance of service contractors to safeguard the technical and commercial interests of the company.
8. To execute thoroughly, any incident investigation, analysis and follow up in order to prevent recurrence.
9. To train, develop and motivate subordinates (also from other disciplines and contractors), and render technical support and guidance with the aim to promote team spirit.
University degree or equivalent.
8 years experience as Assistant Driller/Driller/Junior Drilling Engineer/Well Site Drilling Engineer/Drilling Supervisor, with a minimum of three years as Drilling Supervisor.
1. A valid IWCF Certificate.
2. The Senior Drilling Supervisor shall be conversant with the Company's Well Control and Blowout Prevention Policy and Procedures and the Company's shallow gas guidelines.
3. Other Courses:
A. Well control and blowout prevention
C. Safety courses required to carry out work at site and in accordance with company policy and as required by country law and regulations
D. Rules and Regulations