Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Carson, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
29349BR Terminal Operations Assistant - Carson, CA United States Carson, California Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
Customer Service: Interface with Shell Chemical Customer Representatives and Supply Coordinators, and Nexeo Operational and Accounting personnel. This will require a working knowledge of operational and accounting roles and responsibilities of the three party business (Shell Chemical, Shell Carson Operations, and Nexeo), work flow, operational and accounting paper and electronic filing systems. Communicate action required by Shell Carson operations to field and liaison operational planning, and elevate issues to Terminal Manager when necessary.
Stock Accounting Daily: Pull down daily meter and auto tank gauge tickets, collect daily truck rack tickets from Nexeo, reference daily Shell Carson offload tickets and reports, and retrieve daily sales activity for Nexeo PO online. Enter accounting and throughput spread sheets. Interpret daily activity and investigate un-tolerable discrepancy by interfacing with Carson operations and Nexeo accountants.
Stock Accounting Month End: Transfer manual gauging to stock accounting spreadsheets. Run GSAP reports and cross reference with Carson accounting spreadsheets to confirm the months transactions. Investigate stock accounting spreadsheet to GSAP discrepancy through file searches and interface with Shell Carson operations and Nexeo accountants. Evaluate Loss Gain and investigate discrepancy. Interface with Shell Chemical Stock Accounting group in Manila to close monthly reporting. Interface with Shell Chemical customer representatives on closing sales issues and track action to closure.
Nexeo Purchase Order Reconciliation and Billing: Maintain Reconciliation spreadsheet report on a daily basis by inputs specified in stock accounting daily. Evaluate tolerance between Nexeo sales reports and Shell operational measurement on tanks and meters. Interface with Nexeo accountants and Shell Chemical customer representatives, and Shell Carson operations as necessary to reconcile Nexeo sales amounts and document. Goods Issue actual weekly amounts in GSAP for invoicing. Goods issue is also done off cycle at month end and time sensitive.
Nexeo operations and maintenance invoicing: Pull down electronic logistic reports and SAP work order information and transfer to Nexeo Invoice. Interface with Shell Staff in Manila for invoice processing and deliver to Nexeo. This will require understanding of Nexeo budget and Capitol Project break out.
Office Admin: Track, order, and manage expense for office and building and grounds supplies for the Carson terminal complex. Take ownership of office building workflow, visual management, housekeeping, and serve as IT and pool car focal point.
Position will also be crossed trained as stock accounting for the Carson diesel rack.
Other responsibilities include:
Familiar with SAP - Service entry sheets, (entry & approval)
Focal Point for SAP Work Orders, Internal Orders, etc.
Coordinate office moves and on-boarding of new Shell staff and contractors
Assist with presentation materials, databases, spreadsheets and other general support needs of staff
Focal point for TRIM
Assist with special requests and/or projects and update electronic files as needed
Help with LOP updating and writing
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum three (3) years experience working in administrative capacity requiring proficiency in managing multi task simultaneously using a high degree of independence, initiative, and good judgment.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications – Outlook, Excel, Work, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency preferred in utilizing TMS and SAP.
- Proven experience providing support to broad level of stakeholders without direct reporting responsibility.
- Experience demonstrating proficiency in providing definition and solutions to ambiguity.
- Strong communication skills; demonstrating proficiency in composing written communication and articulating and influencing through verbal communication.
- Demonstrated resilience in working in environments with significant change and operation pressures.
- Must by willing to travel within region to support Terminals as required
- Individual must demonstrate mature judgment and adherence to company and regulatory guidelines and be self-motivated and capable of working autonomously.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video