Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Data Scientist works with the advanced analytics team on data and business intelligence resources to build and deliver advanced analytics capabilities to business segments, and to support the business and IT transformation as well as supporting oil and gas customers via commercial software products. The position reports to the Project Manager.
Successful Data Scientists can lead analytic teams, are familiar with statistical and machine learning algorithms including classification, and have good knowledge of oilfield terminology and business practices. They are experienced with regression, clustering, statistical learning, and ensemble methods, and are comfortable entering into ambiguously defined business problem statements and reducing them to tangible outputs. With excellent communication, verbal and written, teamwork and influencing skills, they have experience with big data analytics stack technologies and tools including R, Hadoop, Spark, and Python, and other open source stack elements and frameworks. They are experienced with putting analytics in production and can interpret the outcomes of data analysis objectively and communicate that information to management and technical stakeholders. They have experience in software development as well as experience with agile methodologies for delivering analytics outcomes.
- Develops and deploys modern machine learning, statistical and ensemble methods for finding patterns and models from business and operational data.
- Performs in-depth investigations of data problems employing statistical skills and developing predictions.
- Develops and delivers synthesized predictive research findings that incorporate multiple business operational databases and provide tangible business insight.
- Uses analytics and data to understand business KPIs and to develop ways to extend them towards increasing fidelity or insight.
- Works with multi-functional teams focused on enterprise data, data quality, business intelligence, operational data and enterprise resource planning integration to deliver data driven insights.
- Engages with the external technical and business community to brand and differentiate analytics.
- Participates in technical and recruitment forums and events.
- Master’s degree in engineering, statistics, or information sciences, with a minimum of seven years’ experience, or,
- PhD in a quantitative discipline with a minimum of three years’ experience.
- Experience with enterprise systems SAS and SAP, and other similar technologies is a plus.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Houston Technology Center (HTC) is part of the Schlumberger Software Technology organization, responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.