Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Pulau Bukom, Singapore
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
- Lead by example and demonstrate that Health, Safety and Environmental have top priority in the execution of the work.
- Serve as expert in developing, documenting and sharing of operating knowledge of the area unit processes
- Provides support to operating shift teams and Production Team Leaders in maintaining optimum unit process performance and preventing and/or solving process problems; facilitates the multi-disciplinary teams to understand & eliminate threats and bad actors. Also provide support in coaching and teaching PTs to improve troubleshooting and operating skills
- Provide technical coaching to Production Team Leaders and Site Team Leaders.
- Responsible for operations monitoring, unit capability performance, yields and optimization over the medium and longer term including cost performance such as chemicals consumption, lubes, etc
- Participate in the development of operations planning, operating Plan capabilities and constraints, Pre-Startup Safety Reviews, including participating in interdepartmental issues that might impact the their respective area of responsibility
- Act as the department focal point for Learning-from-incidents
- Play active role in operator training and procedure reviews/updates
- Champion for work processes for units under responsibility
- Leadership role in major maintenance planning and execution
- Other duties include various administrative report requirements, projects progress activities, conducting incident investigations and participation in developing and executing strategy plans.
- Initiation and support for continuous improvement of unit performance including understanding of longer-term business objectives. Actively supports LEAN and drives changes where necessary to rapidly implement performance improvements initiatives
- Responsible for executing long-term Unit Strategy, including identification and resolution of key threats through capital plans and turnaround strategiesesponsible for unit’s daily operation plan and short term operation looking ahead planning
- Degree in Chemical engineering/Mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant working experience in waste water treatment plant
- Experience in Effluent Waste Water Treatment.
- Experience in Water Treatment (Cooling water system).
- Operational Experience in waste water treatment plant
- Ability to learn and manage new knowledge
- Able to manage stakeholder & facilitate, having an operational experience
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video