Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
26659BR MOTIVA - Lead / Senior Crude Risk Analyst - Houston, TX United States Houston, TX Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry. Motiva is currently seeking Lead / Senior Crude Risk Analyst to join our Trading Controls team in the Trading Risk and Compliance Group located in Houston, TX.
Hydrocarbon price risk is one of Motiva’s most significant exposures. At any point in time Motiva holds 40 million barrels of inventory and purchases / sells hydrocarbons to successfully supply and clear 3 refineries with a combined 1 million barrels per day of crude processing capacity.
The Lead / Senior Crude Risk Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the results of their analysis are communicated clearly, accurately and on a timely basis to Risk, Finance and ST&L management.
A day in the life of a Motiva Lead / Senior Crude Risk Analyst:
- Provide key analytical and Trading support to ST&L and the HRC related to crude purchase and sales and any hedging programs associated with that activity.
- Primary link between the trading business and the contracts and financial management groups and ensures compliance with relevant external regulation and the group's Trading Mandate and deal entry, price reporting, authorities and exposure limit policies.
- Assist in the planning and building of the Middle Office, and will perform project work.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Degree in mathematics, economics, engineering, business / commerce or a related field.
- 10 years of Energy industry experience with background in derivatives trading or physical crude / products.
- Ability to understand position reporting and hedge execution for refinery positions including crack spreads, crude quality differentials, trade month vs. run month pricing, products locational differentials, inventory management, etc.
- Strong understanding of statistical tools and risk methodologies Accountability / ownership for delivery of commitments.
- Self motivated individual who functions well in a team environment.
- Ability to manage direct reports.
- Experience using Risk Management systems.
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to perform under rigid deadlines.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent influencing, and communication skills.
- Change management skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset, focusing on simplification and improvement.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video