Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Jurong Island, Singapore
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell is one of the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
- Provides day-to-day hands on maintenance and/or troubleshooting for all QMI engineering related matters, to ensure the QMI validity and availability;
- Responsible for carrying out preventive (unit rate) and breakdown maintenance works and ensuring QMI availability;
- Participate in Global Asset Management Excellence(GAME) assessment and determine QMI equipment maintenance task and schedule;
- Prepares job specifications and costing for works involved and apply work clearance / permit for work execution;
- Plan, organize and execute plant Turnaround/Construction work (QMI) to achieve Turnaround (TA) targets on HSSE, schedule, duration and cost.
- Familiar with HSE and Permit to Work requirements in petroleum and petrochemical industry;
- Plan and execute plant changes and minor QMI related projects;
- Provides good documentation to ensure all equipment technical records and drawings are updated to reflect the latest changes;
- Maintain work requests and records on maintenance works using computerized maintenance management systems, Global SAP system - Preventive Maintenance (GSAP-PM);
- Uses online tools, such as, Analyser Management and Data Acquisition System (AMADAS) for analyzers performance tracking Availability, Reproducibility KPI;
- Track, manage and resolve QMI Bad Actors;
- Attend standby callout to the Emergency work upon request;
- To carry out/perform other responsibilities as required.
- Give HSSE matters a high profile to create a safe and healthy working environment for staff & contractors and ensure maintenance activities comply with HSSE MS, legislative, ISO 9001, ISO14001 requirements;
- Comply with Shell Jurong Island (SJI) HSSE Management System (HSSE-MS) procedures;
- Implement assigned controls identified in the HSSE-MS, such as those in the Refinery Bowties, Hazard Sheets and Health Risk Assessments (HRA).
- Fresh ITE / Diploma Graduate / 2 years relevant experience as QMI Technician or equivalent;
- Possess skill to carry out maintenance on various QMIs (such as pH, conductivity, oxygen, GC, TOC, Silica, etc.) and associated sampling System;
- Past involvement in commissioning and start-up of QMI, and Gas Detection System will have added advantage;
- Experience in analytical instrumentation maintenance including AMADAS.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video