Skills: Rig Manager
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: All Locations
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Rig Manager manages QHSE, customer care, the implementation of well programs, reporting, and rig personnel, and assists the Rig Superintendent in managing the rig as an independent and safe profit center, while delivering first class QHSE performance and drilling services to customers. Service quality, job preparation, planning and safety are key priorities in this role. The position reports to the Rig Superintendent.
Successful Rig Managers learn and adapt quickly to problems and new situations, they pursue everything with energy, drive and a need to finish, and use logic to solve problems with effective solutions. They are good listeners and can communicate effectively with managers, peers and clients. They work well independently and within a team and are committed to continuous improvement.
- Has the authority and responsibility to make decisions about all personnel and rig site QHSE.
- Conducts weekly, pre-tour and tool-box meetings with all crew members.
- Complies fully with all QHSE requirements and policies, and communicates safe working practices at all times.
- Supervises all activities to ensure the rig's structural integrity is maintained, and approves and maintains the rig emergency plan.
- Supervises all rig departments, provides positive leadership to the crew and trains and evaluates the crew.
- Ensures that all risks are properly assessed and mitigated.
- Liaises with the customer’s representative to implement the well program in an efficient manner.
- Plans, organizes and manages all daily rig operations.
- Supervise all key operations and ensures all non-critical operations are properly planned and supervised.
- Verifies and sign-offs all authorizations to rig up third party equipment and verifies the QHSE compliance of the work-site before signing-off any permits to work.
- Directs the application of planned and preventive maintenance programs and supervises the testing and checking of equipment and systems.
- Keeps equipment and systems operational by setting priorities on equipment repairs.
- Supervise activities to ensure the rig's structural integrity is maintained.
- Plans work for the rig crew.
- Evaluates the performance of the rig supervisors and give constructive feedback.
- Maintains a positive and professional relationship with customers' representatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Science, Technical Diploma.
- Valid well control certification
- Minimum six years’ experience of rig operations, with two years’ experience as a Tour Pusher.
- Has the required proficiency level for the position based on the company competency catalog.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
This posting provides an opportunity for those with significant relevant experience in a specialist area to submit their profile for consideration and does not correlate with a specific vacancy. Submitting your details will enable us to match you to future career opportunities. We hire only the best talent, so please read the qualifications section carefully before applying—we only consider candidates who meet these minimum criteria.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.