Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: All Locations
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Driller is responsible for drill floor operations including draw works, mud circulating systems, rotary systems, and BOP equipment. Service quality, job preparation, planning, mentoring, and safety are key priorities in this role. The position reports to the Rig Manager.
Successful Drillers learn and adapt quickly to problems and new situations, they pursue everything with energy, drive and a need to finish, and use logic to solve problems with effective solutions. They are good listeners and can communicate effectively with managers, peers and clients. They work well independently and within a team and are committed to continuous improvement.
- Participates in pre-tour and tool-box meetings with the drilling crew.
- Complies fully with all QHSE requirements and policies, and communicates safe working practices on the drill floor at all times.
- Fills up and records daily QHSE inspection reports.
- Leads by visible example, minimizing delegation of authority when handling key operations.
- Keeps drill floor, tools and equipment clean and in good working order, and reports any problems or deviations.
- Knows well control procedures, and blowout preventer equipment and procedures.
- Recognizes basic warning signs of kick and acts to prevent any incidents.
- Oversees and performs maintenance of the derrick and drilling fluid system equipment.
- Maintains equipment files, drilling logs and records.
- Directs, assists, and performs technical calculations to carry out drilling operations.
- Interprets and responds to down hole conditions.
- Reads and interprets gauges, meters and instruments.
- Plans work for the drill crew and provides leadership and motivation.
- Advises supervisor of all current or changing conditions, and instructions from the operator.
- Trains and evaluates the drilling crew and acts as a mentor.
- Sets the crews’ yearly objectives and follows up progress via quarterly reviews.
- Wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Completes all required training.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Science, Technical Diploma.
- Valid well control certification
- Minimum three years’ experience of rig operations onshore or offshore, with atleast one year derrickhand experience.
- Has the required proficiency level for the position based on the company competency catalog.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
This posting provides an opportunity for those with significant relevant experience in a specialist area to submit their profile for consideration and does not correlate with a specific vacancy. Submitting your details will enable us to match you to future career opportunities. We hire only the best talent, so please read the qualifications section carefully before applying—we only consider candidates who meet these minimum criteria.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.