Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: HR - General
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
25609BR MOTIVA - Learning Advisor, Distribution - Houston, TX United States Houston, TX Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry. Motiva is currently seeking a Learning Advisor, Distribution to join our Human Resources team in Houston, TX.
The Learning Advisor provides overall capability building that enables strong business results for Motiva Distribution Terminals and Staff. They will have ownership of course /program design and management tools driving execution through Stakeholder management, facilitation, internal SMEs and external vendors.
A day in the life of a Motiva Learning Advisor, Distribution:
- Apply the Instruction Systems Design (ISD) strategy to assess, design, develop, deliver, and evaluate Motiva Distribution training.
- Identify the expected performance requirements (knowledge and skills) for Terminal personnel.
- Oversight of Management of Change system
- Owner of Distribution Terminal Operation Manual with Subject Matter Experts
- Manage relationship with 3rd party.
- Consult, develop, and implement training plans including Leadership and field training.
- Development of specific modules for specific compliance learning topics.
- Coordinate all required training for staff.
- Working closely with Business, Operations, Technical, Engineering, HSSE, Legal, Ethics & Compliance.
- Manage relationships with 3rd party training vendors when necessary.
- Maintain open communications with groups teaming to resolve problems, predict required training direction and performance consulting.
- Maintain industry specific knowledge with strong focus on legislation in the U.S. including knowledge of timelines for implementation of rules (specific example of Dept. of Transportation Operator Qualification program).
- Responsible for spend on delivery of learning.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Must have 3 years experience in Distribution
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of learning experience.
- Proven experience applying full spectrum of learning methods (on the job, blended, coaching / mentoring, classroom, & networks).
- Proven ability to consult, develop, and implement training plans.
- Demonstrated experience developing modules for compliance learning topics.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video