Skills: Drafting, Structural Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Abu Dhabi / Ukraine
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE:
The Head of Discipline (HOD) is responsible for providing discipline specific supervision and guidance on all design, engineering and technical matters, monitoring project progress and ensuring compliance with established programs and procedures. HODs can be seconded to work as Project Engineering Managers based on the size and complexity of the assigned project. The focus will shift from one of deep discipline knowledge to that of coordinating the various engineering disciplines involved in the assigned project
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Studies contract documentation and Scope of Work and nominates Engineers for project work.
• Allocates manpower resources to enable efficient effective engineering work to be completed within allocated manpower budget and to approved quality standards.
• Interfaces with the Drafting Office Coordinator to assess and allocate/recruit resources needed to carry out all necessary drafting.
• Undertakes audits of Engineering processes to examine effectiveness and makes recommendations for change where the need is identified or advantage is to be gained.
• Revises discipline specific procedures and makes recommendations to examine effectiveness and makes recommendations for change where the need is identified or advantage is to be gained.
• Undertakes activity to modify and upgrade the norms used in the estimation process to ensure the accuracy, currency and completeness of information to be used in preparing bids.
• Assesses discipline specific manpower requirements at the estimation stage for inclusion in project bids.
• Acts as the ultimate discipline specific technical/professional authority for the resolution of complex problems and to assist subordinate engineers in developing their professional capabilities.
• Identifies, assesses and makes recommendations on hardware and software needs for budget capital expenditure consideration.
• Identifies training needs and recommends training courses and development programmes to bridge these gaps.
• Keeps informed of developments in the field of Engineering and brings to notice those, which could be of benefit to the Company.
• Compliance in accordance with HSE Standard.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
• B.Sc. in Structural Engineering.
• 15-20 year’s engineering experience in the oil and gas industry.
• Good exposure in offshore Structural Engineering field.
• Proven supervisory track record with strong management potential.
• Organizational awareness.
• Well developed planning and organizing skills.
• Influencing skills.
• Thorough understanding of all Engineering disciplines.
• Knowledge of engineering software.
• Good technical knowledge and skills.
• Good Communication skills
Good Communication skills in English (both written and spoken)
WHO WE ARE
OGAS Solutions was founded in Thailand in 1999, serving the E&P sector for major operating companies in South-East Asia. Since 2006, OGAS Solutions has grown up to be a strong actor of the industry in Europe, Africa and Asia.
OGAS Solutions is ISO 9001:2008 certified
Manpower contracting and associated technical services
Recruitment and Human Resource support
Rig Management and Oilfield services
Training: Drilling; Production; Well Services; HSE and more
Oil & Gas: Upstream/Downstream, Offshore/Onshore and Subsea
Power Generation/ Distribution
Visa and work permits
International and local individual logistics
International and local administration support
Local taxation management
International health /Disability /Life and repatriation