Skills: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ras Lafan, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
16855BR Instrument Engineer Qatar Ras Lafan Shell is the largest foreign investor in Qatar and has invested US$ 21 billion in Qatar alone in the past six years. Joining Shell in Qatar will see you work on some of the world’s most innovative energy projects: Pearl GTL and Qatargas 4. Innovation is key at Shell, and your career will be propelled by Shell’s commitment to your career, which will accelerate your learning curve and broaden your scope. Moreover, our diverse pool of global experts will see you engage with colleagues worldwide. Qatar is the world’s largest LNG supplier, and Shell’s global leadership in LNG will help forge growth in the years to come. Priority in the employment shall be given to the Qatari workers. Non-Qatari workers may be employed in case of need.
- Qatar Labor Law (Article 18)
Instrument Engineer supporting projects < 5 mUS$
Supports reliability improvements
Support of turnarounds and slow downs
Supports the maintenance organisation technicians.
- Ensures plant integrity through development and implementation of Instrument Maintenance Strategies & Acceptance Standards that are based on applicable international standards and statutory requirements.
- To establish preventive maintenance activities and ensure spare parts, special tools and equipment availability.
- To develop and safely execute Projects to cover obsolescence and reliability issues on time and within the approved budget.
- To develop and plan Instrument scope of work and resource requirements for plant turnaround, coordinating with other discipline engineers, area maintenance teams, project engineers, material personnel, plant operators, technologists.
- Review maintenance strategies and plans to ensure the proactive and mandatory maintenance activities are continuously improving the overall plant availability within an optimized budget and manning levels.
- To coordinate all instrumentation changes(small plant changes and project plant changes ) within area maintenance team to assure the high integrity, uniformity of the design, standard and practice includes as-built drawing, document, procedures, work instructions and database are maintained. Bachelor degree in mechanical or electronics.
5+ years experience in the Petrochemical industry covering Instrument Installation, Maintenance Execution and Instrumented Protection Inspection/Testing. Experience in troubleshooting and analysis of equipment performance is required. Integrity management through the application of risk and Reliability Centered Maintenance techniques and Root Cause Analysis would be advantageous.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video