Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
24095BR MOTIVA - Quantitative Analytics Manager - Houston, TX United States Houston, TX Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance The Quantitative Analytics Manager's primary focus will be to support the Supply, Trading and Logistics Organization by drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements such as Terminalling/Storage Agreements, Pipeline/Throughput Agreements, Exchange Agreements, and Term Product Supply Agreements. The ideal candidate must be able to capture commercial intent within contractual clauses, review, comprehend, and interpret data such as previous contracts, Amendments, Side Letters, and any other written correspondence to effectively draft contracts. Gain an understanding of commercial operations to effectively negotiate, draft and review commercial agreements. Must be able to support the Confirmations Team by providing subject matter expertise on Products GTCs, RINs GTCs and LEAP Master Agreements.
In addition the position;
- Leads teams that utilize advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness. Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making. Presents results to various levels of leadership and influences key decisions that have business unit or enterprise impact.
- Oversee model validation and model governance efforts.
- Be involved in the approval of new products, businesses and trading strategies.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change.
- Oversees the production of advanced analytical material for discussions with cross-functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influences solution strategies.
- Be directly responsible for monitoring and reporting risk metrics on a daily basis to senior management.
- Interact constantly with the front office traders to ensure that the market risks arising from day-to-day trading positions are fully understood and managed appropriately within the limit framework.
- Be immersed in the global financial markets. Understanding what drives financial markets and keeping abreast of market news and trends is vital part of understanding and identifying potential risks.
- Liaise with Middle Office colleagues, back office, and other support staff to ensure that the trading systems adequately represent the risk profile of the trading books, and that risk numbers are reported in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assess the appropriateness of mathematical derivative pricing models within the context of real-world market conditions
- Educates risk owners on risk management best practices and may work with other risk functions in the development and implementation of risk controls.
- Performs all other tasks as needed.
The Quantitative Analytics manager reports directly to the Trading Risk & Compliance Manager.
The position will work closely with the Risk Control, Regulatory Compliance, and Supply Trading & Logistics Commercial teams.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial sciences, economics, physics, engineering or related field. PhD preferred.
- Minimum of Five (5+) years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline
- Strong programming scripting skills including familiarity with sequel, C#, S-Plus (R), Matlab, Visual Basic, scripting languages
- Strong analytical ability and judgment
- Ability to sustain high level of performance under pressure with short deadlines etc.
- Ability to balance the need to switch between being immersed detailed day to day activity and problem-solving versus managing higher level longer term activities and objectives
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to build strong relationships with clients and stakeholders across all levels
- Able to conceptualize, anticipate and articulate emerging issues
- Effective presentation skills including strong written communication
- Strong MS Excel skills
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video