Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
24097BR MOTIVA - Management Information Analyst (Houston, TX) United States Houston, Texas Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance The Management Information Analyst will bring data extraction expertise from various systems and provide a consolidated view of data for analysis and management decision making purposes.
- Collection and analysis of data from various systems (SAP, RighAngle, Hyperion, BI) to support reporting and analysis.
- Develop custom reports, data sets, and database which will allow for ad-hoc analysis.
- Collaborate with STL Finance Analyst to develop monthly results package and monthly MI package.
- Provide end user support to STL Finance Analyst, and STL stakeholders.
- Assist with Business Plan preparation and perform actual vs. plan analysis.
- Support Product Supply, Crude Supply and Distribution business- this may also require incorporating data from Manufacturing and FSM.
- High degree of change management and compliance oversight to ensure effective business support in a constantly changing business environment. (Products trading, Agility, Project Bill).
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or equivalent practical experience is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5+) years of experience with data extraction, compiling and interpreting data .
- Experience in working with bulk datasets; Experience with building data models
- Proven ability to exercise judgment and make recommendations based on analysis and subject-matter expertise.
- Proven ability to research and interpret information and to act proactively to develop knowledge of the business and its activities.
- Proven ability to select the best course of action from multiple, defined options.
- The successful candidate must have a demonstrated attention to detail and ability to multi-task and to work under pressure with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills.
- The incumbent must have a professional attitude, demonstrate mature judgment and adherence to business controls and external regulations, and be self-motivated and capable of working autonomously.
- Problem solving is key to success in this position and examples of required work skills are:
- Continuous Improvement mindset
This position sits at One Allen Center, Houston, TX
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video