North Slope, AK, United States, AK, US
North Slope, AK, United States, AK, US
Skills: Engineering Technician, Regulatory Compliance, Safety Officer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: North Slope, AK, United States, AK, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
· Maintain a safe work environment and adherence to all company Control of Work (CoW) practices.
· Comply with Client's HSSE requirements.
· Stop unsafe work and any work that is in non-conformance to the permit.
· Visits the worksite with Performing Authority (PA) to prepare for a Task Risk Assessment (TRA).
· Ensure the type of permit is appropriate for the work to be performed, and complete the appropriate sections of the selected work permit. Specifies on the permit how often the worksite will be inspected and monitored, as agreed in the approved TRA.
· Requests Level 2 TRAs led by a Level 2 TRA Facilitator when necessary.
· Participates in TRA for any Hot Work Open Flame (HWOF), Confined Space Entry (CSE) or where initial risk is in Area III or above.
· Inspects worksite with the PA for HWOF, pressurized habitats and auxiliary equipment before allowing work to start. Agrees with the PA, for HWOF, a competent Fire Watch.
· Conduct a worksite visit with the PA prior to task execution.
· Assesses and documents the hazards and associated risks inherent to the area introduced by the tasks to be performed, and created during completion of the task in the area.
· Identify and document that appropriate mitigations/controls are in place for the identified risks
· Establish emergency response procedure for the worksite.
· Monitors the job site at minimum frequency defined in the TRA and permit. They can delegate the monitoring to the Issuing Authority (lA) for Area II tasks only and shall personally monitor Areas Ill or above. Performs gas testing as appropriate.
· Maintain all operator certification and compliance training requirements.
· Ensure control measures are in place and work area/equipment is safe prior to initiating the work, including application of Energy Isolations.
· Participate in company safety programs and training sessions.
· Provide support to ensure compliance or documented justification for deviation from procedures.
· Secure the worksite when work is complete or at the end of the permitted work period.
· Closes a permit by signing to confirm that the work is complete and the worksite was left in a safe and tidy condition.
· Retains the original documents for closed permits and supplementary certificates for at least one month.
· Records any tasks that are stopped because of breach of the Client's Rules.
· Conducts a detailed handover about ongoing tasks at a shift change with the oncoming Area Authority (AA) and documents this conversation.
· Communicates with other AAs affected by work that impacts on their area of responsibility, for example, Hot work or breaking containment.
· Authorizes Permits to Work in residual risk Area I and then releases them to the PA.
· Controls SIMOPS in their area of responsibility.
· Develops the Permit and any required CoW supplementary certificates with the PA during the task planning stage.
· Manages the weekly and daily scheduled work list for their area of responsibility.
· Works with the planning and scheduling departments to provide guidance on and prioritizes planned and unplanned work requests.
· Attends the weekly planning meetings.
· Delegates responsibility to a suitably competent person.
· Captures any lessons learned from the CoW process.
· Assure completion of all associated pre-start verification checks before executing de-isolation.
· Maintains a register of Low Risk Permits.
· Maintains the locked valve register and authorizes all movements.
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· 10+ years experience working in an industrial/manufacturing environment. NS Oil & Gas operations experience preferred.
· Self-directed individual requiring minimal supervision
· Able to work effectively with counterpart on two week alternating schedule
· Ability to work under time constraints while meeting timelines and deadlines
· Good interpersonal skills for interaction with client base
· Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.