Skills: HR - General
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: One Allen Center, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
24409BR MOTIVA - Compensation Manager - Houston, TX United States One Allen Center Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance
This role will provide Compensation strategy, Policy strategy and consulting, analytical and technical support to all Motiva businesses. This role will participate in various cross-functional projects within the Compensation and Policy area. The successful candidate will provide a broad range of services in the support and policy of various customers as well as developing and delivering key education aspects of policy and compensation. Additionally, the employee will represent Motiva in outside industry groups.
- Responsible for providing support and applicable training for team members
- Represents company and industry groups.
- Conducts analysis and develops proposals for hourly increases in the US.
- Provide consultation on various compensation and policy matters and is considered expert by the business for various US and policies and practices
- Complete various US compensation surveys. Work with 3rd party consulting team
- Helps to develop compensation strategy for US employees - 3000 employees
- Conduct detailed analysis and provide preliminary recommendations on US pay activities, including in-depth analysis of Oil Industry Group Job Family & Job Match surveys
- Ensure that HRIT Compensation module is configured properly for US requirements.
- Conduct analysis and provide recommendation for College Graduate Starting Salaries, nonexempt regional salaries and intern rates
- Responsible for maintaining pay delivery procedures for US
- Tier 3 support for Local Services on Compensation Policies
- Conduct specialized computer modeling
- Lead for US pay delivery including developing and modifying US processes to ensure 3000+ employees receive bonus and merit increases
- Participate and leads interdepartmental projects
- Develops and delivers Compensation/Policy presentations as needed to business groups and new hires
- Develop and conduct various training activities
- Leads Teams on projects
- Track and coordinate FLSA Assessment
- Management of multiple priorities
- Exhibit leadership capability
- Ability to deal with confidential information and implement change initiatives
- Proactive team member
- Flexibility to handle cross functional priorities
- Ensure timely, efficient but high quality service
- Provide results under pressure and with time restraints
- Managing multiple stakeholders
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum ten (10) years of direct HR experience.
- Proven knowledge of compensation practices.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Proven documentation experience.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word.Experience with SAP preferred.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video