Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Ras Laffan, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
3559BR Assistant Area Maintenance Manager Qatar Ras Laffan Shell is the largest foreign investor in Qatar and has invested US$ 21 billion in Qatar alone in the past six years. Joining Shell in Qatar will see you work on some of the world’s most innovative energy projects: Pearl GTL and Qatargas 4. Innovation is key at Shell, and your career will be propelled by Shell’s commitment to your career, which will accelerate your learning curve and broaden your scope. Moreover, our diverse pool of global experts will see you engage with colleagues worldwide. Qatar is the world’s largest LNG supplier, and Shell’s global leadership in LNG will help forge growth in the years to come. Priority in the employment shall be given to the Qatari workers. Non-Qatari workers may be employed in case of need.
- Qatar Labour Law (Article 18)
- Lead and Coordinate the execution of area maintenance plans through Shell and contractor teams.
- Coordinate interfaces between various stakeholder groups such as Operations and Engineering.
- Support the transition from manpower supply based contract, to schedule of rates based contract.
- When in schedule of rates mode, provide quantity measurement for financial control.
- Manage contractor safety.
- Support the management and control of maintenance backlogs in line with Shell Game (Global Asset Maintenance Execution) principles.
- Coordinate Original equipment Manufacturer, service providers and suppliers, in order to develop and execute maintenance activities in the area.
- Support development of the Shell and contractor technician teams.
- Develop overall team capabilities, ensuring correct tools, test equipment and materials are available to effectively support the area.
- Stand In for Area Maintenance Manager.
- This position will require participation in the development of the local and non-national staff. Provide direct on-the-job experience, coaching and mentoring, training and skill building courses, competency assessment, and international courses and assignments to familiarized local and non-national staff with Global Shell.
- Supports area maintenance manager in the planning and execution of all maintenance activities in the area of responsibility, including development of plans and identification of material and support service requirements.- Line responsibility for Assistant Area Maintenance Engineers, Discipline Maintenance Supervisors & Electrical & Instruments coordinators .
- Focus on coordination of execution of work scope by up to 50 Shell staffs and multi-disciplinary maintenance service contractors, ensuring effective work execution in accordance with Gas Game ME principles.
- Successful contributions to Qatar Shell Qatarisation effort will be a factor in the performance assessment.
Priority in the employment shall be given to the Qatari workers. Non-Qatari workers may be employed in case of need.
- Qatar Labour Law (Article 18)
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Engineering Degree qualified with significant maintenance experience in a petrochemical facility. (BSc/Msc)
- Experience of leading large field execution teams (own staff, contractor and OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) is essential.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video