Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sugar Land, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Industrial Data Security Engineer will work in the newly established Industrial Internet Center (IIC) with Internet of Things (IoT) and industrial control systems (ICS-OT) technologies connecting Schlumberger’s field equipment to the cloud, taking into account the special landscape of Oil & Gas environment.
In this role the person will work extensively with new technologies to ensure equipment, communication links and data is not compromised at any point. The successful candidate will collaborate with all product engineering centers worldwide as well as our innovation center in Palo Alto and the software technology groups. The analysis of existing and upcoming trends in the area of IoT data security is another core part of the work, to derive recommendations and establish suitable systems, resilient against cyber-attacks. This includes communication with technology companies and academia offering innovative solutions in the IoT / Industrial control system (ICS) domain.
We expect a highly motivated person with a high degree of curiosity to not only apply standard IT approaches, but also being able to identify new attack surfaces and vectors related to the potential vulnerability of remote equipment and transmission paths. The creation of proof of concepts and prototypes to validate the attack concept as well as the possible mitigation therefore is another important part of the role.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Architect and design IoT edge data security systems.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Collaborate internally and externally with technology providers and academia.
- Evaluates, defines, communicates security methods and concepts.
- May author technical reports, papers, articles, patents, and presentations.
- Participate in Security risk analysis of engineering projects and advise on appropriate means of implementation of data security methods.
- Achieve or keep relevant security certifications current.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor / Masters / PhD in Computer Science and minimum of 5 years’ experience in the respective field of application.
- Certified in GIAC, CEH, CISA, CRISC preferred.
- Demonstrated related experience may be substituted for education.
- Knowledge of security methods like certificates, symmetrical / asymmetrical encryption etc.
- Knowledge of electronic and preferable control theory.
- Experience in embedded software, network communication software development preferred.
- Understanding of different means of attacking communication systems including Man in the Middle, DDoS, script injection etc.
- Preferable knowledge in embedded Linux systems.
- Understanding of already publicized hacking attacks on industrial systems.
- Experience in application security.
- Familiar with OWASP top 10.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.