Skills: Electrical Technician, Maintenance Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Pulau Bukom, Singapore
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell is one of the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
- Compliance to HSSE standards and requirements to make a safe place to work and accountable for all assigned Critical activities;
- Perform Authorized Applicant as per Company Permit to Work (PTW) requirements. Drive high standard of personal accountability & performance to deliver the Site & Department goals and target;
- Accountable to perform assigned Critical activities as per Process Safety requirements;
Execute and supervise day-to-day maintenance activities including contractor/specialist management from end-to-end to enable high equipment reliability & plant availability. Update maintenance records, investigation findings and prepare relevant reports;
Provide feedback on effectiveness of planning for the Corrective and Preventive maintenance for site reliability improvement. Support in Bad actors management;
Provide support for Turnaround execution in related Process Units;
Perform standby duty coverage and carry out any other related duties as required;
Ensure work complies with the codes and practices pertaining to use of electrical equipment in hazardous locations and safe use of electrical equipment;
Liaises with Operations, other Engineering and Materials departments in scheduling jobs, prepare the necessary arrangements for work in obtaining of clearances, permits, materials and planning isolation of equipment;
Prepares job specifications and estimated costs for work involved; prepares Work Orders for issue to Contractors;
Assists in drawing up and implements programs for the maintenance of equipment;
Ensures that all requisite electrical tests for new and overhauled equipment and installations are carried out and the results recorded;
Updating of circuit drawings as required.
To carry out/perform other responsibilities as required.
- Diploma/ /Nitec/Higher Nitec in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum2 years of relevant work experience as Electrical Technician in Oil and Gas industry.
- Experience in participating in routine maintenance activities in oil and Gas Industry .
- Possess Class 3 driving license;
- License Electrical worker ( Electrician grade ) from EMA
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video