Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) – Manila provides processing services related to finance, human resources, procurement, customer service and other business needs to Shell companies around the world. The Centre provides support services to various Shell businesses in Europe, North America and Asia, allowing Shell to have a centralised operational structure while ensuring quality standards are maintained for these critical support services.
SBO-Manila’s Solaris One workplace is the first green office in the Philippines, having received its Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED®) Silver Certification for Commercial Interiors. It features both state-of-the-art and environmentally conscious facilities, in line with Shell’s commitment to health, safety and environment in a manner that is consistent with the principles of sustainable development.
SBO-Manila is also the first business process outsourcing company in the country to have been awarded by the Philippine government’s Department of Labour and Employment with an Institutional Award during the 7th Gawad Kaligtasan at Kalusugan (Recognition for Safety and Health), in recognition for its exemplary initiatives in Health and Safety in the workplace.
The organization has grown from less than 50 staff in 2004 to more than 3,000 employees by end 2012, making it the largest of six Shell Business Operations centres across the globe. Its expansion is testimony to the Filipino professionals’ world-class service and a significant contribution to the Shell Group’s operational excellence.
The Financial Reporting Lead will lead accounting & reporting for Downstream Shell Oil Products in the U.S. including the monthly closing of Financial statements. They will drive compliance with standard global processes to deliver these activities effectively and efficiently, using metrics to assess performance and managing all aspects of controls operations.
The Financial Reporting Lead is expected to work collaboratively to influence effectiveness and efficiency. The role holder will work closely with the relevant R&A (Reporting & Analysis) Business Interface Managers as well as a wider network that will extend across similar roles in Finance Operations where processes interact, including group reporting and controllers in country. There is also an opportunity to increase the use of the IT capabilities that are already embedded in the systems and tools. The role holder will focus on improving data accuracy in the standard R&A processes with experts from across the wider community.
The Financial Reporting Lead will manage and develop a community of finance & accounting professionals in Manila, ensuring that the team has the required competencies today and in place for sustained success. All team members will seek an understanding of how their role contributes to the bottom line for that business, and this needs to be addressed in the culture created in the team.
- Delivers Results - Lead and embed culture of personal accountability to ensure timely and first time right delivery of team output
- Champions Customer Focus - Sets the environment to allow establishment of strong working relationships within team and with individual stakeholders
- Maximize Business Opportunities - Lead and monitor process to identify and embed within team and implement Continuous Improvement/simplification opportunities
- Collaboration - as part of network across Process and Business share best practice
- Strong leadership and communication to develop and empower team through re-organisation for success
- Ability to work across interfaces in a multicultural setting
Skills & Competence:
- Accounting & Reporting
- Process and Data Management
- Business Partnering
- Business Performance Management
- Governance and Assurance
- Risk Management
- Financial Controls
- Direct Taxation (Knowledge/Awareness)
- Indirect Taxation (Knowledge/Awareness)
- Corporate Treasury (Knowledge/Awareness)
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video