Experience: 18 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Bukom, Singapore
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell is one of the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
Upon passing the Basic Auxiliary Police Officer Training, the Bukom Auxiliary Police Induction and relevant Shell HSSE (Health, Safety, Security & Environment) accreditations, the APO will be shift deployed (3 rotating shifts of 8 hours) to carry out Policing, Security, First Aid and Road Traffic Enforcement within Shell Bukom Manufacturing Site and Pasir Panjang Ferry Terminal.
Amongst other duties the Auxiliary Police Officer (APO) will conduct and perform:
- Emergency response as first responder to crime, security, fire and medical incidents;
- Security access control screening checks on personnel, vehicles and marine crafts according to Security Operating level (SOL);
- Crowd and traffic control;
- Evacuation of mass personnel from buildings, public areas, work & rest areas and process unit areas;
- Patrolling duties and roving surveillance on foot, in vehicle and on marine crafts (per SOL);
- CCTV surveillance and virtual patrol;
- Frontline Pandemic Temperature Screening (when required);
- Execute FAST (First Aid Support Tram) responsibilities;
- Operate the Bukom Automated Security System (BASS) to maintain security access control, as well as to use the Visitor Management System (VMS) to issue security passes;
- Control safe ferry berthing, passenger embarking/disembarking and ferry departures
- Conduct spot checks on personnel, vehicles, marine crafts and dwellings on Bukom;
- Perform static security guarding duties;
- Assist the State Police Force in the maintenance of law and order and the detention or arrest of individuals that police officers are authorized to apprehend;
- Assist any department of the Government or any statutory body in the discharge of any duty imposed or function conferred under any written law;
- General or special police duties if mobilized for active duty by the Commissioner of Police.
- GCE ‘O’ level (minimum 3 credits including English) or equivalent. Higher education level are welcomed;
- Class 3 driving license;
- Singapore Citizen;
- Ex Regular or NS men in SPF, SAF, SCDF, Prisons & ICA must have “Good” grading in their Certificate of Service (COS);
- 18 years and above
- Physically and medically fit, as well as mentally fit to carry arms
- BMI 27 and below
- Minimum height/weight: male - 1.62m/54kg and female – 1.57m/45kg
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video