Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Jurong Island, Singapore
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
19911BR Project Planning & Scheduling Lead Singapore Jurong Island Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
- Verify approved Project and Turnaround (TA) work scope at field and develops detailed work step activities with craft type, estimated hours, materials and logistics plans.
- Assess job to understand and develop optimal plan to achieve project and turnaround premises which may include safety, quality and cost performance.
- Drives the planning activities to develop plans, work packages, bills of materials, and estimate of resources.
- Level 3 schedule development and tracking for project activities to drive monthly capex expenditure delivery
- Builds the interface with the contractor planners to ensure good exchange of information, buy-in to the plan, etc.
- Create bill of material for assigned work, requisition of material, and ensure all material is delivered in a timely manner.
- Works with TA Logistics Coordinator to prepare logistics plan for assigned area.
- Works with Project and TA Scheduler to load schedule into Primavera 6 and Microsoft Projects and resource level the plan to optimize the master schedule.
- Stand in as Project Services & Integration Manager
- Identify, review and communicate key issues and risks to project schedules to Project Managers
- Provides a critique of all project activities after completion of project, participates in Lessons Learned and Look back process workshop (PIR) for projects
- Look for opportunities to reduce/simplify project execution scope, plan and execute with commercial cost mindset.
- Act as focal for all project schedules and activities planning for projects executed in TA.
- Project Planner will be responsible for planning the Project and Turnaround related activities within SJI for event up to 300,000 direct field labour hour.
- He/She will need to coordinate and work with various Shell functions and disciplines as part of his/her job in Project and TA planning, and be familiar with Shell Downstream Manufacturing TA and Project process.
- Perform cost and schedule risk analysis for all capital projects when required
- Perform assigned tasks and initiatives by the line supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 5 to 7 years project planning and scheduling experiences
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as a plant maintenance engineer in petrochemical industry
- Experience in Chemical/Petrochemical plants
- Knowledge and application of turnaround planning and IT tools like Primavera P6, MS Power-point, Excel, Word, Access and SAP are essential.
- Knowledge and application of planning tools like Primavera P6, MS-Project, Excel, Word, Access and SAP are essential
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video