Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Bukom, Singapore
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
17853BR Senior Fireman Singapore Bukom Shell is one of the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation. Responsibilities:-
- Responds to fire, rescue and emergencies;
- Participates in emergency operations, fire exercises & drills and routine maintenance tasks;
- Assists the Senior Fire Officer in training of auxiliary fire fighters;
- Maintain all Fire Tenders and fire-fighting equipment;
- Assess and inspect confined space for execution of rescue;
- Test fixed fire protection system;
- Service and maintain of fire extinguishers;
- Test and run fire pumps, and maintain fire equipment, including SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus);
- Service of hydrants, isolation valves, fire-fighting and foam system connections.
Experience and Qualifications:-
- Preferably with Class 3, 4, 5 driving license;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience as a Fire Fighter;
- Possess ITE/Nitec/Higher Nitec / Diploma in Technology (Building Services and Fire Safety)
- Willing to work on shift;
- Pass IPPT (Individual Physical Proficiency Test) or equivalent.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video