Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Other Skills: FPSO Topsides or Subsea Experience
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Salary: Excellent compnsation
Location: Offshore, Nigeria
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
ELPER is hiring Discipline Inspectors for their client ExxonMobil.
Experienced multidiscipline inspectors are required for positions onboard the FPSO, in separate Topsides and Subsea positions.
Provide evidence of either Topsides or Subsea experience.
• Perform discipline quality inspection activities in accordance with the Sub-Project Quality Plan.
• Keep Site Quality Lead updated with status of discipline quality issues.
• Perform witness inspections and monitor production processes.
• Review and evaluate Contractor's records.
• Review Contractors and Suppliers completion files for accuracy and adequacy.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform Construction Assessment as determined by Surveillance Program
• Perform inspection during fabrication activities as planned on Inspection and Test Plans.
• Provide expertise to site team to avoid/resolve quality problems.
• Attend and contribute to site and project technical meetings as necessary.
• Responsible for monitoring and appraising Instrumentation construction work for conformance.
• Responsible for ensuring Contractor procedures are followed as required by contract.
• Witness Contractor's activities and endorse Suppliers' and Contractor's quality records as appropriate.
• Witness acceptance tests and perform final quality check prior to acceptance of equipment and materials.
• Monitor Suppliers' and Contractor's quality assurance and quality control activities.
• Provide early warning of potential quality problems.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• 8 years minimum recent experience in Quality Inspection; multi-discipline related to fabrication, hook-up, commissioning and start-up of process plant(s) and pipelines, onshore or offshore, with:
• Required 2 years construction / operation experience (Such as electrician, welder, mechanical or instrument technician, discipline foreman, field engineer) related offshore FPSO Topsides or Subsea scope.
• High school graduate or equivalent. A college degree in a related field is preferred.
• Technical qualification and certification in assigned discipline(s) is preferred.
• Knowledge of industry discipline codes and standards.
• Knowledgeable in reading P&ID's, PFD's, Single Line Diagrams, Loop Diagrams, etc.
• Must be proficient in common PC software (MS Word; MS Excel; Lotus Notes; etc).
• Read, write and speak fluent English.
ELPER Oilfield Engineering (Nigeria) Limited specializes in engineering and technical services for the offshore oil and gas production industry including Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, Inspection and Quality Management. We support projects in Nigeria and world-wide procurement, design and construction.
With our partner companies, Elektrint Nigeria Ltd. and Horatio Nigeria Ltd. we share more than 60 years of operation in Nigeria. Our expert staff is recognized for quality performance, responsiveness and the know-how to get the job done right.
We are always seeking talented new members to join our team of professionals.
DPR Certified Oil Industry Provider:
- Pipeline/Production Services – Pipeline and Production Facility operations. Maintenance and inspection
- Consultancy Services – Quality Assurance / Control and Management
- Construction Services – Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
Firm Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers
ELPER is certified to ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System
To learn more about us, visit http://www.elpernigeria.com/home.htm