Skills: Project Management, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Salary: Excellent compensation
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
EPPER is hiring a PROJECT QUALITY MANAGER for their client ExxonMobil
The Project Quality Manager provides advice to the Project Managers on quality issues, implements quality tools, develops Project Quality Plans and provides assistance with Staffing Project Team (PT) Quality personnel.
The PQM manages the development and maintenance of Sub-project plans providing direction and guidance to sub-project quality coordinators.
The Project Quality Manager ensures and conducts scheduled audits of PT's and Contractors as well as stewards audit findings to resolution and closure in a timely manner. Provides feed back on quality related issues and metrics to the Regional Quality Advisor.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or Science preferred.
• Minimum 15 years of experience associated with Quality Management in Quality Assurance and Quality Control, coordination of quality activities within Engineering, Construction, Commissioning and Start-up projects of various facilities in the Oil and Gas Industry
• Minimum 5 years experience as a Project Quality Manager or equivalent experience in management of project quality systems.
• Knowledge of ExxonMobil Company Management Systems (including OIMS and EMCAPS)
• Perform instrumentation quality inspection activities in accordance with the Sub-Project Quality Plan.
• Keep Site Quality Lead updated with status of instrumentation quality issues.
• Perform witness inspections and monitor production processes.
• Review and evaluate Contractor's records.
• Review Contractors and Suppliers completion files for accuracy and adequacy.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform Construction Assessment as determined by Surveillance Program
• Perform inspection during fabrication activities as planned on Inspection and Test Plans.
• Provide expertise to site team to avoid/resolve quality problems.
• Attend and contribute to site and project technical meetings as necessary.
• Responsible for monitoring and appraising Instrumentation construction work for conformance.
• Responsible for ensuring Contractor procedures are followed as required by contract.
• Witness Contractor's activities and endorse Suppliers' and Contractor's quality records as appropriate.
• Witness acceptance tests and perform final quality check prior to acceptance of equipment and materials.
• Monitor Suppliers' and Contractor's quality assurance and quality control activities.
• Provide early warning of potential quality problems.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• 8 years minimum recent experience in Quality Inspection; multi-discipline related to fabrication, hook-up, commissioning and start-up of process plant(s) and pipelines, onshore or offshore, with:
• Preferred 2 years site construction experience (Such as electrician, instrument technician, E & I foreman, E & I field engineer) related offshore topsides.
• High school graduate or equivalent. A college degree in a related field is preferred.
• Technical qualification and certification in E & I discipline(s) is preferred.
• Knowledge of industry E & I codes and standards.
• Knowledgeable in reading P&ID's, PFD's, Single Line Diagrams, Loop Diagrams, etc.
• Must be proficient in common PC software (MS Word; MS Excel; Lotus Notes; etc).
• Read, write and speak fluent English.
ELPER Oilfield Engineering (Nigeria) Limited specializes in engineering and technical services for the offshore oil and gas production industry including Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, Inspection and Quality Management. We support projects in Nigeria and world-wide procurement, design and construction.
With our partner companies, Elektrint Nigeria Ltd. and Horatio Nigeria Ltd. we share more than 60 years of operation in Nigeria. Our expert staff is recognized for quality performance, responsiveness and the know-how to get the job done right.
We are always seeking talented new members to join our team of professionals.
DPR Certified Oil Industry Provider:
- Pipeline/Production Services – Pipeline and Production Facility operations. Maintenance and inspection
- Consultancy Services – Quality Assurance / Control and Management
- Construction Services – Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
Firm Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers
ELPER is certified to ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System
To learn more about us, visit http://www.elpernigeria.com/home.htm