Skills: Construction Superintendent
Other Skills: offshore construction
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: Excellent compensation
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Reporting to ExxonMobil Site Lead / Construction Manager, this position is responsible for day to day interface with contractors and construction labor; this is a key EPC project role. The assignment is seconded by ELPER Oilfield Engineering to ExxonMobil, under very favorable assignment arrangements.
• Champion Worker Safety Programs
• Oversee site contractor fabrication, construction, and hookup work activities during Execution Phase
• Serve as member of the Project Team (PT) when project assigned
• Provide the interface between the work face and the Construction Site Manager, Construction Site Lead or Superintendent
• Monitor and appraise construction work in the specific discipline
• Ensure necessary corrective actions are taken in areas such as planning and scheduling, cost control, subcontracting administration, safety and quality of the work
• May serve as the lead ExxonMobil company representative at sub-sites where the Construction Site Manager or Construction Site Lead typically does not reside
• Ensure good communications and relations with the contractors
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Champion on-site safety awareness and safe performance with contractor and among Project Team members
• Assist contractor in early site construction planning/construction planning prior to site mobilization
• Serve as day-to-day interface with contractor and craft labor during the Construction Phase, providing a focus on safety, quality, cost, and schedule
• Provide safety monitoring/leadership
• Daily reporting of activities, issues and progress to up the Superintendent
• Interface with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues/progress
• Provide oversight of contractor's materials management/verification systems
• Ensure compliance with specifications, procedures, and plans
• Monitor workforce productivity and progress relative to schedule
• Monitor environmental compliance, as required
• Interface with contractor for field level changes, e.g., scope, costs, etc.
• Verify post-site arrival of procured equipment and engineering equipment
• Provide on-site support to the Construction Site Manager, Construction Site Lead, Superintendent as required
• Provide support to pre-commissioning/mechanical completion/systems completion as required
• Coordinate Quality Audits and other site surveillance activities
• Perform other duties as requested
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCES
• Must have the temperament to work effectively with diverse multi-cultural environment
• Technical degree or trade based qualifications
• 5 years supervisory experience in construction projects
ELPER Oilfield Engineering (Nigeria) Limited specializes in engineering and technical services for the offshore oil and gas production industry including Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, Inspection and Quality Management. We support projects in Nigeria and world-wide procurement, design and construction.
With our partner companies, Elektrint Nigeria Ltd. and Horatio Nigeria Ltd. we share more than 60 years of operation in Nigeria. Our expert staff is recognized for quality performance, responsiveness and the know-how to get the job done right.
We are always seeking talented new members to join our team of professionals.
DPR Certified Oil Industry Provider:
- Pipeline/Production Services – Pipeline and Production Facility operations. Maintenance and inspection
- Consultancy Services – Quality Assurance / Control and Management
- Construction Services – Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
Firm Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers
ELPER is certified to ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System
To learn more about us, visit http://www.elpernigeria.com/home.htm