Skills: FPSO/FPU , Mechanical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Salary: $600 per day
Location: Offshore, Nigeria
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
ELPER OILFIELD ENGINEERING is seeking a qualified and experienced Mechanical Technician for work on for FPSO operations in deep water off-shore Nigeria.
- Applicants must demonstrate five (5) years' experience in FPSO operations, including, thorough understanding of offshore mechanical service tasks.
- ExxonMobil, offshore Nigeria or Gulf of Mexico experience desirable.
- Requires good working knowledge of offshore oilfield mechanical equipment; rotating machinery, piping systems, pumps, valves, production components and structures, Must be able to analyze equipment and machinery problems utilizing the latest technology and established and accepted maintenance practices.
- Requires good working knowledge of typically applicable US standards: API Recommended Practices AWS and ASME standards, and be familiar with US and British electrical standards.
- Requires experience with hazardous area classification and with restrictions imposed by such classifications on work practices both offshore and onshore
- Must speak, read and write fluent English.
- Requires general computer skills, knowledge of MS-Word, MS-Excel, etc.
- HS (equiv) required / technical certificate required / 2 yr tech degree preferred
Salary is $600 per day, based on qualifications.
Rotation is 28/28.
Nigerian candidates preferred
ELPER Oilfield Engineering (Nigeria) Limited specializes in engineering and technical services for the offshore oil and gas production industry including Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, Inspection and Quality Management. We support projects in Nigeria and world-wide procurement, design and construction.
With our partner companies, Elektrint Nigeria Ltd. and Horatio Nigeria Ltd. we share more than 60 years of operation in Nigeria. Our expert staff is recognized for quality performance, responsiveness and the know-how to get the job done right.
We are always seeking talented new members to join our team of professionals.
DPR Certified Oil Industry Provider:
- Pipeline/Production Services – Pipeline and Production Facility operations. Maintenance and inspection
- Consultancy Services – Quality Assurance / Control and Management
- Construction Services – Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
Firm Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers
ELPER is certified to ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System
To learn more about us, visit http://www.elpernigeria.com/home.htm