Skills: FPSO/FPU , Mechanical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Salary: $600 per day
Location: Offshore, Nigeria
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
ELPER OILFIELD ENGINEERING is seeking a qualified and experienced Mechanical Technician for work on for FPSO operations in deep water off-shore Nigeria.
- Applicants must demonstrate five (5) years' experience in FPSO operations, including, thorough understanding of offshore mechanical service tasks.
- ExxonMobil, offshore Nigeria or Gulf of Mexico experience desirable.
- Requires good working knowledge of offshore oilfield mechanical equipment; rotating machinery, piping systems, pumps, valves, production components and structures, Must be able to analyze equipment and machinery problems utilizing the latest technology and established and accepted maintenance practices.
- Requires good working knowledge of typically applicable US standards: API Recommended Practices AWS and ASME standards, and be familiar with US and British electrical standards.
- Requires experience with hazardous area classification and with restrictions imposed by such classifications on work practices both offshore and onshore
- Must speak, read and write fluent English.
- Requires general computer skills, knowledge of MS-Word, MS-Excel, etc.
- HS (equiv) required / technical certificate required / 2 yr tech degree preferred
Salary is $600 per day, based on qualifications.
Rotation is 28/28.
Nigerian candidates preferred