Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Subsea Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Excellent compensation
Location: Onne, Rivers State, Nigeria
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Project assignmnet wiht ELPER Oilfield Engineering Nigeria, Ltdd. for
Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company (SNEPCo)
Reports to Project Lead, Bonga Northwest Project
Provide Quality Control support to the SNEPCo Subsea Controls team and Subsea Vendor in the manufacture of subsea controls components including but not limited to HPU, SCM, MCS, Sensors and Subsea Meters.
Position description - Special Challenges
- This position will require substantial experience in the manufacturing and testing of Subsea Controls equipment.
- Supervision during manufacturing & testing of the subsea controls equipment will require planning, coordination and communication effort
- Interface with subsea vendor and sub-contractors will require knowledge of contractor management
Position description - Accountabilities
Deliverables will include:
- Ensure that all work is done in a manner consistent with Shell's minimum HSSE standards and policies.
- Ensure subsea vendor compliance with SNEPCo Quality Management System requirements.
- Ensure product integrity and compliance with functional specifications requirements through the performance of receipt, in-process and final release inspection activities.
- Interface with Subsea Vendor and other Third Party Quality sub-contractors to ensure alignment with SNEPCo objectives
- Ensure control of non-conforming product and maintain records which confirm compliance with SNEPCo Quality Management System requirements.
- Ensure adherence to approved work procedures using calibrated equipment
- Verify and sign off test reports and manufacturing data books
- Carry out project learnings and/or after action reviews to document problems and prevent reoccurrences.
- Provide technical mentoring & transfer learnings to less experienced SNEPCo staff who may also be assigned to the work activity.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications required
- Post high school diploma or equivalent
- 10 years experience supervising manufacturing and testing of Subsea Controls equipment.
- Knowledge of global standards and ability to develop and interpret work procedures and processes.
- Familiarity with major Subsea vendor(s) controls equipment
- Excellent communication skills and able to work with and influence multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams
ELPER Oilfield Engineering (Nigeria) Limited specializes in engineering and technical services for the offshore oil and gas production industry including Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, Inspection and Quality Management. We support projects in Nigeria and world-wide procurement, design and construction.
With our partner companies, Elektrint Nigeria Ltd. and Horatio Nigeria Ltd. we share more than 60 years of operation in Nigeria. Our expert staff is recognized for quality performance, responsiveness and the know-how to get the job done right.
We are always seeking talented new members to join our team of professionals.
DPR Certified Oil Industry Provider:
- Pipeline/Production Services – Pipeline and Production Facility operations. Maintenance and inspection
- Consultancy Services – Quality Assurance / Control and Management
- Construction Services – Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
Firm Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers
ELPER is certified to ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System
To learn more about us, visit http://www.elpernigeria.com/home.htm