Total Transfers 20% Stake in Bolivia Project
Total announced the signature of a farm out agreement with Gazprom for the transfer of a 20% interest in the Ipati and Aquio licenses in Bolivia. Subject to the Bolivian authorities' approval, the partnership on these licenses will be constituted by Total (60%, operator), Tecpetrol (20%) and Gazprom (20%).
In 2004, the Group discovered the Incahuasi gas field in the Ipati license. The discovery appraisal is under way with the drilling of the X-1001 well on the Aquio permit. Both licenses are located 200 kilometers South of the city of Santa Cruz in the foothills of the Andean Cordilleras.
Following the signature in September 2008 of a cooperation agreement between Total, Gazprom and Yacimentos Petroliferos Fiscales Bolivianos (YPFB), aimed at negotiating the exploration terms and conditions of the Azero block, this agreement strengthens the partnership between Total and Gazprom, both in Bolivia and internationally.
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)