Keppel FELS Lands Work from Ensco and Saipem
Keppel FELS has secured new contracts worth about US $101 million (S $134 million) to complete and refurbish two semisubmersible drilling rigs respectively for Saipem and Ensco.
Mr. Wong Kok Seng, Executive Director of Keppel FELS said, "Rig completions and refurbishments are highly complex projects by nature, because every vessel that comes into our yard is different. Very often, these rigs are in transit from various locations across the world and require further assessments and engineering solutions with quick turnaround times.
"Leveraging our internal competencies, we are able to size-up the project requirements and recommend the best course of action to get the jobs done safely, on time and within budget. Keppel FELS' in-house engineering expertise, on top of its proven project management and execution capabilities, further enables the company to add value in the completion, repair and refurbishment of all types of rigs. This unique proposition is something that our customers appreciate."
The first contract was awarded by Saipem S.p.A for the commissioning of the technologically advanced Frigstad D90 semisubmersible rig, Scarabeo 9. A significant part of the workscope involves the commissioning of all marine and drilling sub-systems onboard.
Equipped with a Dynamic Positioning 3 system, this state-of-the-art rig will be able to operate at a water depth of 3600 meters. Scarabeo 9 is slated to depart from a Chinese yard and arrive in Keppel FELS towards the end of October 2010.
The second contract was awarded by a subsidiary of Ensco plc for the upgrade, repair and refurbishment of its proprietary ENSCO 7500 semisubmersible rig. The major work scopes include significant life extension work, renewing steel and pipes, operational enhancements, overhauling machinery and expanding and updating the living quarters. ENSCO 7500 has arrived at Keppel FELS, after fulfilling its drilling contract with Chevron in Perth, Western Australia.
"We would like to thank Saipem and Ensco for affirming us with the award of these two new contracts. We remain committed to work shoulder-to-shoulder with our valued customers in the coming months to deliver the projects to their highest satisfaction," added Mr. Wong.
The above contracts are not expected to have material impact on the net tangible assets and earnings per share of Keppel Corporation Limited for the financial year ending 2010.
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)