Anadarko Strikes Oil Offshore Brazil
In accordance with standards set by the Brazilian National Petroleum Agency (ANP), the regulator of the Brazilian oil sector, the Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, the operator of Block BM-C-29, reported that it has confirmed the presence of hydrocarbons in the Itauna well in which Ecopetrol is a 50% partner through its affiliate in Brazil. The well was drilled by semisub Offshore Mischief.
No further information is available to date. Future developments and projections will be subject to additional data to be obtained during the exploration activities carried out in the block in the following months.
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Ecopetrol more info
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Names New CEO, Echeverry Resigns (Aug 17)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Rubiales Oil Output Hit By Protests (Jun 27)
- Rebel Bomb Attack Halts Colombia's Cano Limon Crude Pipeline (Jun 22)