Technip Bags Shell Deal in North Sea
Technip announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary Duco Ltd. has been awarded by Shell Upstream Europe a seven year Framework Agreement Contract for the supply of umbilicals.
The contract covers engineering, procurement, project management and associated services for the fabrication and loadout of thermoplastic umbilicals up to 17 kilometers in length. The Contract Provisions shall predominately service the SWEEP portfolio of prospects in the Southern North Sea, but also include new and existing requirements for Central North Sea Assets.
Combined projects may require an average of over 15-30 kilometers of thermoplastic umbilicals per year based on business planning estimates between 2011 & 2017. The umbilical systems and thermoplastic hoses will be manufactured by Duco Ltd. in its primary business facilities in Newcastle, United Kingdom.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)