BW Offshore Bags FPSO for Athena Field
BW Offshore signed a contract with Ithaca Energy and partners for the BW Carmen FPSO, which will be employed on the Athena oil field. The contract includes a fixed charter period of three years, plus options for an additional five years.
To be renamed BW Athena, the FPSO will be upgraded with field specific equipment, including a submerged turret production buoy. Production from the field is expected to commence during the second half of 2011. Situated on Block 14/18b in the Outer Moray Firth area in the UK sector of the North Sea is the Athena project in 440 feet (134 meters) of water. Ithaca Energy serves as the operator of the field, holding a 22.5% interest; Dyas UK Ltd. holds 47.5%; EWE AG holds 20%; and Zeus holds the remaining 10% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Ithaca Energy Starts Production from North Sea Stella Field (Feb 17)
- Delek Group to Issue Ithaca Energy Takeover Bid for $524MM (Feb 06)
- Ithaca Energy: Stella Production Start-up Delayed (Jan 12)
Company: BW Offshore more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Keppel Wins $89M Deals for Work on 3 Floating Facilities, 1 Pipelay Vessel (Jul 08)
- BW Offshore Secures 3 Year Contract Extension for FPSO BW Pioneer (Apr 26)