Nido Begins Remediation Program at Tindalo Well
Nido, as Operator of Service Contract 54A (SC 54A), advised that the Tindalo-1 well intervention and remediation program has commenced.
Since the previous update on August 30, 2010:
- The support vessel M/V Pacific Ariki arrived at the Tindalo location on September 5, with the items necessary for the well intervention and equipment and materials are being transferred from the support vessel to the rig;
- The Tindalo-1 well has now been shut-in and re-entry operations have commenced;
- Diagnostic logging will be undertaken early in the program to determine the selection of the most appropriate option to remedy the water influx into the well; and
- The well intervention and remediation program is scheduled to take 10-17 days to complete.
Other operational highlights include:
- Some 196,000 barrels of oil (@60°F) are now in the storage tanks of the FSO; and
- The offtake of the first cargo is currently scheduled for 16-18 September, subject to weather.
Nido will provide a further update on the progress the in-field operations once the results of the diagnostic logging have been analyzed.
- Philippines' Galoc Phase 3 Oil Field Development Plan for Start-up in 2019 (Aug 17)
- Partners Nearer to Further Development of Galoc Oil Field Offshore Palawan (Jul 14)
- Otto Energy Completes Sale of Galoc Production Co. Stake to Nido for $106M (Feb 17)