ASCO Secures Logistics Contracts with BP, Talisman
ASCO Group's Norway operation, has been awarded contracts to supply integrated logistics services to Oil majors BP and Talisman Energy.
The combined contracts are worth an estimated £40 million (Nok 400m) over a five-year period.
The Contracts include the supply of logistics services and personnel, including offshore containers, transport and forwarding services and waste management.
The announcement comes just weeks after the Group announced they had been awarded logistics contracts by BP and TAQA in the UK, totaling £30m.
ASCO's Managing Director of Northern Europe Runar Hatletvedt said, "Both BP and Talisman are very important customers to us and we are delighted they have shown confidence in us by awarding these contracts. As well as securing 50 to 60 jobs, this also provides the basis for possible future investments."
ASCO Norway has been recently expanding its number of supply bases along the Norwegian coast with five bases located in Farsund, Tananger, Kristiansund, Sandnessjøen and Mongstadbase in Bergen. It has grown from just 35 people to around 100 within the space of just three years, and these contracts will cover the Norwegian shelf for five years plus 3 times 3 year options.
In 2009, ASCO Norway was awarded the supply base contract for the BP Skarv development in Sandnessjøen.
ASCO EMEA Chief Executive Derek Smith said, "Building on recent contract wins, this is tremendous news and is a huge tribute to our staff across the Group. This win also adds significantly to our global reputation as the leading logistics specialists in the Oil and Gas industry."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: ASCO plc more info
- Bowleven Appoints New Non-Executive Chairman (Oct 07)
- Statoil Awards Mariner Supply Contracts to Asco UK (Feb 26)
- ASCO Awarded Contract Extension from Perenco (Apr 07)