Origin Locates Gas Shows at Wolf Well
Origin, on behalf of the L11 Joint Venture, advised that Wolf 1 gas appraisal well spudded on July 17, using the Weatherford drilling rig 826. This well was drilled to appraise the extent of the gas accumulation discovered by the Redback South 1 well, drilled in 2009.
The well reached Total Depth of 4,122 mMDRT# on August 18. Wireline logs have been run over the reservoir section. The well is being prepared to case and suspend for a future Drill Stem Test to further investigate the significance of the gas shows encountered.
Well type and location:
Onshore gas appraisal well, Perth Basin, Western Australia (L11 / EP 320).
Wolf 1 is being drilled as a directional well to intersect the target Wagina reservoir at a subsurface location 2.5 kms SSE of the Redback South 1 Wagina intersection and at a prognosed vertical depth of 3,876 meters sub-sea.
- Surface location
- Latitude: 29° 29' 01.685" S
- Longitude: 115° 09' 45.465" E
- Target location
- Latitude: 29° 29' 02.701" S
- Longitude: 115° 10' 06.606" E
- Participating Interests
- Origin Energy Developments Pty Limited 67.00%
- AWE Limited 33.00%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)