Statoil Selects Emerson as Automation, Safety Systems Supplier
Emerson Process Management is one of three suppliers chosen for a long-term frame agreement with Statoil that positions Emerson to bid on future automation and safety systems for the international oil and gas producer.
The agreement supports Statoil's strategy of using innovative technologies to solve the energy needs of the future, including making
the most of emerging opportunities in shale gas, heavy oil, and deep-water production, as well as further development of the Norwegian
Continental Shelf. Emerson's integrated safety and automation system – which includes its DeltaV™ digital automation system and DeltaV SIS™ process safety system – will help Statoil maximize production while reducing operating costs and minimizing safety and environmental risks.
Statoil and Emerson recently collaborated to apply Emerson's Smart Wireless technology on two offshore platforms. Emerson has found that wireless measurement networks offer significant cost and weight savings in such applications.
"It's exciting to work with customers as forward-thinking as Statoil," said Steve Sonnenberg, president of Emerson Process Management. "We expect this new agreement to strengthen our existing relationship – and open the door to new opportunities for improved results."
The five-year frame agreement covers process safety and automation systems, including engineering services, for new capital projects as
well as upgrades to existing facilities, and includes the option to renew for two additional two-year terms. Emerson will continue to
provide control valves, measurement instruments, asset management solutions, and related services to help Statoil optimize its operations.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Emerson Process Management more info
- Emerson Secures Contract for Shell's Prelude FLNG Project (Sep 08)
- Emerson Deploys Downhole Wireless Sensor System on Statoil's Skuld Field (May 05)
- Statoil Awards Emerson Automation Upgrade for Visund (Feb 27)