Seismic Acquisition Completed Offshore Ireland
San Leon and its partner, Lundin, announced the successful completion of the 300 km2 3D seismic acquisition program covering the Slyne Basin exploration license F4/06 along the Atlantic Margin, offshore Ireland. The program was completed in 15 days with 100 percent. of the proposed survey successfully acquired under budget. The data is currently being processed. Final results for interpretation are expected by December.
The initial review of the preliminary 3D volume confirms the existence of the Inishmore prospect with estimated mean case recoverable reserves of 1.3 TCF. Additional large structures have been also identified within the survey area with preliminary estimates of more than 3 TCF of natural gas recoverable across the license.
Oisín Fanning, Chairman of San Leon commented, "We are delighted with the flawless execution of the Slyne 3D acquisition. It demonstrates our ability to mobilize resources and our commitment to progress. The program was delivered within schedule and under budget at a cost of under $6 million. I'm looking forward to the interpretation of the data and moving onward."
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
Company: San Leon Energy Plc more info
- San Leon 'Encouraged' by Performance from its OML 18 Field in Nigeria (Dec 30)
- San Leon Energy Sees Renewed Takeover Interest (Dec 19)
- San Leon Sells 2 Polish Onshore Assets (Nov 18)