Technip to Take Stake in Petronas Subsidiary, Expands Malaysian Footprint
Technip has agreed with MISC and MHB, subsidiaries of the Malaysia National Oil Corporation Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) to establish a long-term strategic collaboration.
The areas of collaboration would initially involve working jointly on onshore and offshore projects, designing and building offshore
platforms, exchanging expertise and developing technology.
To cement this collaboration, Technip, as a strategic investor, would take a minority stake in MHB representing between 8 and 9.9% on its proposed listing during the second part of this year.
Technip and MHB's subsidiary MMHE have worked together previously and are currently co-contractors for Petronas' onshore and offshore facilities in Asia.
For Technip, this investment and collaboration would further expand its portfolio of activities and services, in line with its strategic
goals. This would also extend Technip's local content and reinforce its position in the fast growing Asia Pacific region.
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)