Finder Farms-Out Carnarvon Basin Permit to Apache
Finder Exploration has entered into a farm-out agreement which provides for Apache Northwest Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Apache Corporation, to earn a 75% interest in Exploration Permit WA-450-P. The Permit is located in the Northern Carnarvon Basin, directly south of the Gorgon and Clio major gas fields.
Finder's Managing Director, Jan Ostby, believes the finalization of a farm-out to Apache so soon after the acreage award justifies Finder's enthusiasm and excitement in bidding for the highly contested Permit. "This is another significant milestone for Finder, not only in the growth of our exploration portfolio, but working towards our vision of 'Finding Oil and Gas' as we will participate in the drilling of a well in the heartland of some of the largest gas discoveries on the North West Shelf," he said.
"It is fantastic to join forces with a well recognized, proven and respected Operator in Apache. From our acreage review we identified the large multi-TCF 'Olympus' gas prospect and we are now looking forward to working with Apache on the acquisition and interpretation of around 200 km2 of 3D seismic data later this year and ultimately the drilling of the Olympus prospect."
The participating interests in the Permit will be as follows:
- Finder Exploration Pty Ltd 25%
- Apache Northwest Pty Ltd (Operator) 75%
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Finder Exploration Pty Ltd more info
- Finder Sells Entire Acreage Holding Off WA to Quadrant Energy Australia (May 03)
- Planning Underway to Drill Roc-2 Appraisal Well Off WA in 2H 2016 (Mar 17)
- Carnarvon Confirms Condensate Rich Gas Find at Roc-1 Well in Block WA-437-P (Jan 18)