SeaBird Awarded OBN Seismic Survey with Shell E&P
SeaBird and Sonar announced the signing of an Interim Agreement with Shell Nigeria E&P for the acquisition of an ocean bottom node seismic survey in Nigeria. The survey will be conducted by the Hugin Explorer with a capacity of 750 proprietary autonomous CASE Abyss nodes onboard and the source vessel Munin Explorer. Mobilization started August 12 in direct continuation from the node survey in the North Sea for Chevron. The survey will commence on the field around mid-September 2010 with an expected duration of approximately 3 months including mobilization and demobilization. The contract is subject to the signing of a final agreement.
Sonar Limited's Vice Chairman Mr. Robert Bakre stated, "This is another significant boost in applying modern ocean bottom node seismic survey technology to understanding our reservoirs in Nigeria. We are particularly pleased with this opportunity and with our partners SeaBird Exploration; we look forward to delivering world class results to Shell Nigeria E&P and partners."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: SeaBird Exploration more info
- SeaBird Exploration, Lundin Design 2D Survey Over Barents Sea (Sep 09)
- SeaBird Exploration to Stack Munin Explorer Vessel (Aug 06)
- SeaBird Warns of Continued Weakness in the Seismic Market (Feb 27)