Oil Search Notes Drilling Activities at Yemen Well
AWE reported that as at 06:00 Yemen time (-7 hrs AEST) on August 11, the Jebel Al Milh-1 well was at a depth of 3,677 meters. During the week, the 9-5/8" casing was set at a depth of 3,254 meters and preparations for the setting of a 7" liner to section TD of 3,677 meters are currently underway.
Jebel Al Milh-1 is located 16 kilometers north-northeast of the Al Meashar-1 well, which recently discovered oil in the basement. The primary target is fractured Pre-Cambrian basement.
The participants in Block 7 are:
- ARC Energy Holdings Ltd 21.25%
- Oil Search (ROY) Ltd (Operator) 34.00%
- Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (Aden) Ltd 21.25%
- Yemen General Corporation for Oil and Gas 15.00%
- Mitsui E & P Middle East B.V 8.50%
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
- Oil Search Q3 Revenue Beats Forecasts (Oct 18)