AWE Drills Ahead at Tuatara Well
AWE advised that at 0600 hours the Tuatara-1 well was drilling ahead at a measured depth of 1,796 meters. The significance of the previously reported gas shows will be fully assessed by wireline logs after drilling to total depth. Progress since the last report was 814 meters.
Tuatara-1 is located in PEP 38524, in the western Tasman Bay in the southern part of the offshore Taranaki Basin.
The well is targeting the Moki Sandstones within the Tuatara prospect, which is defined by the Malvern 2D seismic survey and is being drilled in approximately 50 meters of water to a proposed total depth of 2,025 meters.
Participants in PEP 38524 are:
- AWE Limited (Operator) 60.0%
- Roc Oil (Tasman) Pty Limited 20.0%
- Kea Oil and Gas Limited 10.0%
- Carnarvon Petroleum (NZ) Limited 10.0%
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)