Energy XXI Shuffles Management
Energy XXI announced a streamlining of the organization through a realignment of its management team, to be effective July 23, 2010. Under the realignment:
- Ben Marchive, currently Senior Vice President of Operations, will become Executive Vice President of Exploration and Production, overseeing the company's operations and land departments and reporting to Chairman and CEO John Schiller.
- Chief Financial Officer West Griffin will take on added responsibility for corporate development.
- Chief Accounting Officer and Chief Information Officer Hugh Menown will add the title of Senior Vice President.
- Additionally, Todd Reid, Senior Vice President of Marketing & Risk Management, will report to Schiller.
"Streamlining of the organization will allow for the resignation of Steve Weyel, who is leaving to pursue personal interests," Schiller said.
"On behalf of the company and our Board of Directors, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Steve for his significant contributions as President, Chief Operating Officer and member of the Board of Directors since helping co-found Energy XXI in 2005. We appreciate all his efforts and wish him the best."
- Energy XXI Gulf Coast Names New CEO (Apr 18)
- Houston Court Cuts into Delaware's Bankruptcy Business (May 11)
- Chesapeake Gets Credit Lifeline But Troubles Remain (Apr 15)